Random Blog Clay Feet: Recommended Reading
Feel free to leave your own comments or questions. If you would like to be in contact with me without having it published let me know in your comment and leave your email address and I will not publish that comment.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Recommended Reading

Books that have blessed me.

 Could It Be This Simple
by
Timothy Jennings
This is a very eye-opening book about how the brain and religion relate to each other and how healing can take place. It is also an invaluable resource for revealing much more truth about what God is like and how He relates to us. I highly recommend this book and other materials from the web site. You can purchase this book from the author's web site at Come and Reason or at Amazon.com.

Who Switched Off My Brain?
by
Carolyn Leaf
This is another very eye-opening book about how the brain works and its relation to religion. If you want to understand practical steps to freedom and know how your mind works this is a must read. Check out the other resources at the author's web site.

The Truth About Lies and The Lies About Truth
by
David Takle
This is a powerful book written by David Takle that deals with some of the most fundamental issues at the core of reality and sin. This book will make a person really think if they are willing to take a serious look at their own belief system and understand some of the reasons why we do the things we do. I highly recommend this book but you may find yourself wanting to read it more than once. You can purchase this book from the web site Lifemodel.org.
My Utmost For His Highest by Oswald Chambers
This little devotional book has been around for many years but is a classic. I heard about it numerous times over the years and finally had to get a copy to see what everyone was talking about. Since then I have not stopped reading it every day, and that has been maybe 5-7 years now. There is a revised, updated version but personally I prefer the original - it is more blunt and clear to me and how I need to hear it. You can read it online if you want - just click here.
Living With Men by James Wilder
This is the best resource on all the stages of maturity and what is involved at each level that you can find. It is easy to understand and is full of wisdom.
Why Am I Afraid To Tell You Who I Am? And
Why Am I Afraid To Love?
by John Powell
These two books along with other books by this author are extremely helpful for understanding our feelings, where they come from and many of the reasons for problems in our relationships. Books that you may want to read more than once.
Sacred Companions by David Benner
This book is a wonderful resource for anyone wishing to participate in a deep and meaningful group experience even if just with one other person. It contains many very important insights about relationships and can greatly enrich your personal experience of God's presence. I also highly recommend Surrender to Love and any other books by this author. He is one of the most respected authors of Christian literature today.

1 comment:

  1. On the subject of forgiveness, one of the most powerful books I have ever read is: 'Controlling the Tongue' by: R.T. Kendall

    I highly recommend this book!

    Broken&Blessed,
    Robin Ps.34:18

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment. This blog is mostly about my personal life and I always enjoy your input.