Random Blog Clay Feet: Inner Musings
Feel free to leave your own comments or questions. If you would like to be in contact with me without having it published let me know in your comment and leave your email address and I will not publish that comment.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Inner Musings

It is quite interesting what developed yesterday after writing my thoughts and frustrations. I started listening to the series Victory in Jesus by Bill Liversidge and my heart was warmed by a clear presentation of the real gospel. My wife and daughter were invited to training for a job and I was invited to work for some friends building an addition on their house. Are these all connected somehow? I suspect so because God often works that way though always unpredictably. Is that last sentence betraying a hidden lie about God? Maybe. Craig Hill says unpredictability is an attribute of people who use shame to control others. And one of the lies we often entertain about God is that He is arbitrary and unpredictable and we can never know His will for our lives. That is anti-covenant thinking. I need to understand much better the concept and arrangements provided for me in the Covenant and start living, thinking, feeling and resting in confidence and assurance. God never changes His mind about me and He has already placed me in His salvation arrangement. I am free to live from my heart and make mistakes without worrying that I will suddenly lose salvation or God's favor. How I need to understand this much more clearly and have it permeate all regions of my brain and heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment. This blog is mostly about my personal life and I always enjoy your input.